Article processing charges (APCs)
Geoscientific Model Development is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges (APCs) are levied for the publication of the final revised paper in the journal (preprints are free of charge).
Manuscripts submitted from 1 January 2021
Manuscripts submitted from 1 January 2021 are subject to the EGU per-paper APC pilot. If such manuscripts are accepted for final journal article publication, a flat fee of €1,600 net is levied independent on the article length. Corrigenda are free of charge.
Manuscripts submitted before 2021
The following APCs are valid for any manuscript submitted from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2020. Manuscripts submitted before this date are charged €75/90 net per page.
|Price per journal page||Description|
|Category 1||€77 net||LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package|
|Category 2||€93 net||Word submissions using the Copernicus Publications Word Template|
|English language copy-editing is included in the article processing charges.|
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing for final revised papers;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term e-archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS as well as printed archiving via copyright libraries worldwide.